Thursday, September 8, 2011

SEA of Sorrow - My Daddy

My first blog journaling my adoption process was posted, SEA of Emotions, on Thursday, August 25; at which time I knew the name was perfect because God had revealed it to me but I did not know that on that very day I would experience the most SEA of Sorrow to date, in my young life, that I have ever experienced.  Just shortly after posting, I learned my daddy had suddenly passed away of a heart attack...and the SEA of Emotions flood gates were opened!  I can’t even begin to explain how losing my daddy has made me feel.  I am selfishly sad for me and feel the hole that it has left in my heart but I am rejoicing with him as he is at peace and celebrating with Jesus.    Once again God has shown me His faithfulness and given me comfort and peace during my time of sorrow and loss.  Part of the healing process for me is clinging on the precious and heartfelt memories I have of my daddy and the most reassuring piece of it all is that because of God’s Promise I will see my daddy again! 
We’ve all heard the saying that adversity builds character but I believe that adversity does not build character, it reveals character!  My prayer is that God’s character shines through me during this loss and mourning of the passing of this great man of his earthly life, my daddy.

I am so happy that I had the chance to tell my daddy about Evan and Angeline before he went to meet his Heavenly Father; conversation went something like this.  Me:  “How do you feel about having Haitian grandchildren”? 
Daddy:  “I would love any children you might choose to raise, I think that is wonderful and if there is something I can do to help just let me know”.  That’s my daddy! J
I love you daddy!
Your punkin little  

No comments:

Post a Comment